Webcast Marketing
Today at work I experienced an overlap in public relations that only the Web makes possible. While reading an article my boss passed to me, I encountered the acronym "CRM" (customer relations management). As with most new, relatively esoteric terms or concepts I encounter on the Net, I Googled it. Soon I found Marc Benioff's Salesforce.com.
Marc Benioff-- that sounded familiar.
Sure enough, I'd heard a podcast in November from IT Conversations's coverage of the Web 2.0 conference where Benioff discussed his company's recent success, its future, and what its success portends for Web services. Just before setting off for Grandma's house during Thanksgiving, I had filled my iPod podcasts from IT Conversations.
My point is that I would not have "stuck" to Benioff's CRM service, salesforce.com, and today subscribed to a 30-day free trial, had I not first heard this 25-year software industry veteran discuss his company's service and its significance during Web 2.0, which I heard for free on a podcast.
What made salesforce sticky? Their CEO. He put huge intellect and personality behind an otherwise abstract service and business sector.


1 Comments:
Hey-
Thanks for the comment on my blog recently. It was good to hear the opinion of another person who walked the same paths as I did. I always wondered (or maybe feared) what would happen if a Cid grad happened to read that particular essay. Your response went a long way in toning down my anxiety. Thanks again, good luck with your studies...
grace and peace
Post a Comment
<< Home