1.25.2005

Web Site Critique: Technology Review (online)

Oh the joys of blogging from another Starbucks, this time in Arlington/DC Metro area where I'm going to be talking about myself in job interviews for the next two days. True distance- and highly mobile-education is a reality.

Week 3's assignment calls for a review of a Web site where I regularly read large amounts of content. I'm a clickin' fool and visit dozens of Web pages when I surf the Net, seldom reading more than an article or two from any one site. Moreover, my RSS reader collects the kind of information I want to read, so I seldom visit a news site from the front page anymore.

One exception to this habit is when I read MIT's Technology Review (online). I subscribed to its email newsletter updates last semester and have been a daily reader ever since. If you're not, do yourself a favor and subscribe to this wonderful, free service that will keep you informed with cutting edge reviews and commentary on emerging technologies.

Here is my Technology Review critique in MS Word format. I may have gone overboard with the screen captures I inserted into the text, but they should help you visualize what I’m talking about.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christy Kinnion said...

Hey Drew! Christy here. You did a great job on the website critique. I really like your page snapshots. How'd you do that? Curious on another thing too; maybe you can help me out. How do you upload a Word doc to your blog? I've been writing some fairly long pieces, and they're taking up space. Thanks, and again...good job!

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home